Get Premium to hide all ads
07.10.2014 - 08:56
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
General guide to the game: Clauses

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Side note: I've made an special post denominated clauses. There are many part of the guides that can be debated. I will post them here

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=15895 <<<<<<< Click in this link for go back to the main page.
Table of Contents.

The game: Basic - clauses
1) Correct placement of sentries.

The game: Intermediate - clauses
1) Reinforcements clause
2) Quality vs Quantity.
3)Reinforce-cost efficiently: 1st turn clause

The game: Advance - clause
1) Wall clause
2) The troop-number clause.
3) Chaos clause.
4) Deeper look at Late-game.
5) Trial and error.
6) Analyzing expansions.

Placement of sentries: Clause.

Checking back the Screenshot:

I've put the sentry in some of the zones which I think should be monitored. In theses zones the enemy is likely to stack submarines.

It is important to use the sentry plane correctly and get the best effectiveness possible. Since the sentries are expensive you cant buy too much of them, but with few sentries you can't monitor your continent. A very used way for fix in part this problem is to rotate sentries - I mean, put them on a different place every turn.

As important is to place sentries, is important to avoid them. When you are carrying an stealth attack on someone, try to go further up or further down. Send a sentry for detect potential enemy's sentries before place your submarines there is also a very good strategy.

Reinforcements: Clause.

Use all your reinforcements is important, but even more important with cheap affordable strategies. In the screenshot, I use the city menu for check if I still have reinforcements. This is, the reinforcements clause.

The East vs The West: Quality vs Quantity.

Sometimes Quality..... sometimes Quantity. In the end, the Quality will beat the Quantity. This makes sense for two factors:

1) The East economy is very limited. Even with Russia, it doesn't produce enough for keep constantly spamming units.

2) The West is very strong. It includes the five richest countries of Europe and some small but rich cities. With the correct strategy, they can hold and dominate The East.

3) The East also depend of the victorious - If turkey beat Ukraine, then it will be a very high reinforcements battle. However, if Ukraine beat turkey, it will be a fast match. Assuming Ukraine is SM, the main part is to break all the walls and attack when least expected with the huge range.

There is an additional factor, and exactly because the high amount of countries in The East, some of theses countries are likely to be in The West's hands (Scandinavia and Austria are a great example of this).

Reinforce-cost efficiently: 1st turn clause

Is highly suggested to use up ALL your reinforcements and funds on 1st turn, for gather up the best expansion possible. Of course this rule have many exemptions ( Ukraine and turkey are one examples) but in general, a great expansion allow you greater chances of victory. Use effectively your reinforcements and funds, together, makes a very efficiently micromanagement which can allow you a great advantage later on.

Wall clause.

You probably noticed I not only walled them, but also attacked them with 1 unit. This enable 3 situations:

*) The enemy forgot to protect them, I am taking both cities with 1 unit each.

*) The enemy protected them, I am only losing 1 unit for each.

*) The enemy put some units inside for move them to other place. This grant me a chance for tb his forces.

Also, I don't know if enemy have reinforcements in the city or in range for defend them: I don't know how much troop will the enemy get on each cities. This also enable 3 more results:

*) The the enemy stacked them with 1-3 troop. I wont capture them with 1 troop for sure, but the wall makes it so they are an easy target for next turn.

*) The enemy stacked it with a moderate amount of troop. This mean theses troop will stay there for 1 turn, at the cost of my 5 units which will also stay there for 1 turn.

*) The enemy wallfuck the city. All the plan is ruined. However remember that you lost NO TROOP doing it. Is preferable to fail a wall and lose no troop, that fail a city and lose troops....

Norway was a safe attack, so I told myself: " Why over attack a safe place as Norway?" " let just wall it so I can empty next turn without leave the enemy ANY TB CHANCE, or allow him TO TAKE THE CITY WITH JUST 1 UNIT.

The sea wall is very important. It grant me an extra turn with no attacks from Germany against me( Which mean I can over-expand, while he is forced to defend Berlin). This also grant the same protection for my ally, France, but IF France was enemy, then this would has prevent ANY German help to his western allies.

And finally, I didn't had anything better to do with theses troops. I think is a waste to leave them sitting on Belgium or Netherlands. As I say, full wall consist in using your troop for make awesome walls and delay the enemy.

The troop number clause.

It is important to keep a high amount of troops. But this is even more important with affordable strategies like PD and IMP.

The infantry is a unit made more for defense that attack, so when you can avoid attacking, you should. There are as well some tactics for temp the enemy to attack you:

1) Attack a place, and "suddenly" leave it empty or barely protected. Then, next turn stack it.
2) Make a lot of walls. The enemy will lose units for break them.
3) Attack places with poor defense, and spread your troops out.

Chaos clause.

•) Chaos is good, it force enemy to make terribly moves and fear the worsen. This grant you a very great advantage.

•)However, it doesn't last for long. Soon, enemy start to recover sense and retake his lands - chaos the same region twice doesn't work.

This makes sense, and is because the enemy hold the country's capital. When he retake a city he earn militias and also if the city have, reinforcements. This charge between strategies. For some strategies like PD and GW, exchange cities is a good choice for earn a big amount of free militias. But for all the expensive strategies and IMP, this is not a good choice because militias doesn't get buffed, they have 0 range with Iron Fist and even negative defense with Blitzkrieg.

The importance of the city and his income is as well, important.

Deeper look at late-game on small maps: Late-game clause.

When playing on a small map such as Europe+, game is likely to end between turns 6 and 10. However, there are some circumstances in which the game doesn't end. Theses factors are usually in:

•) Great surviving skills involved on all the players.
•) Casualties: Turn Blocking events, Abnormal bugs and Fail rushes. This lead to a dead point.
•) Excellent expansions by all the parts.

It turn hard for all the players to exit victorious when the game has go to dead point. A minimal error can completely disbalance the game into one team - the aim in this kind of late-game is to make the enemy commit a fatal error for disbalance the game!

The ways to win involve:

•) Mind Gaming: Make the opponent think false moves and decide as much as possible.
•) Preserving: Every small city count. Even the ones which are neutral allow you new source of reinforcements.
•) Walls: They can restrict the opponent and give you advantage - use them!

Trial and errors clause.

In a quick game, it is common even for the most highest ranks to commit errors - the time, the circumstances, the amount of decision to takes combined with other factors speed up the mistakes.

Theses can only be reduced by getting better time-management skills. Some of them are also very random. Another way to reduce it is:

•) Auto-Production in: This help to spend less time building units - which is produced in more time for make decisions.

•) Walls: The more walls up combined with more cities walled usually mean less countries for defend, and therefore, less decisions to be taken.

Analyzing expansions: When a city does not wort the cost.(*)

There are some cities which reward better that others. When taking a city, you need to wait some turns in order to recover your initial investment. Check theses 5 examples:

1) Amsterdam - 226 income and starting troop is set to 2 militias.

As PD, you will require 3 infantry (150 cost) in order to take it. For recovering your initial investment (150) you will need:

Turn 1: 56 + 11 = 67 total income = 67 recovered.
Turn 2: 113 + 22= 135 total income = 202 recovered.

For recover an approx of your inversion, you will require 2 turns holding the city.

2) Paris - 405 income, and starting troop is set to 8 infantry.

As PD, you will require 13 infantry (650 cost) in order to take it. For recover your initial investment (650) you will need:

Turn 1: 101 income. = 101 recovered. (25%)
Turn 2: 202 income. = 303 recovered. (50%)
Turn 3: 303 income. = 606 recovered. (75%)

For recover an approx of your inversion you will require 3 turns holding the city.

3) Stockholm - 168 income and 4 militias as starting troop.

as PD, you will require 5 infantry (200 cost) in order to take it. For recover your initial investment (200) you will need:

Turn 1: 42 income = 42 recovered (25%)
Turn 2: 84 income = 126 recovered (50%)
Turn 3: 126 income = 252 recovered (75%)

For recover an approx. of your investment, you will require 3 turns holding the city.

4) Moscow - 438 income and 8 infantry as starting troops.

As SM, you will require 7 bombers 3 infantry (1090) in order to take it. For recover your initial investment (1090) you will need:

Turn 1: 110 income = 110 recovered (25%)
Turn 2: 219 income = 329 recovered (50%)
Turn 3: 329 income = 658 recovered (75%)
Turn 4: 438 income = 1096 recovered (100%)

For recover an approx. of your investment, you will require 4 turns holding the city.

4) Montenegro - 5 income and starting troop is set to 1 militia.

as IMP you will require 2 infantry (60 cost) in order to take it. For recover your initial investment (60) you will need:

Turn 1: 2 + 1 income = 3 total income = 3 recovered. ( 25%)
Turn 2: 4 + 1 income = 5 total income = 8 recovered. (50%)
Turn 3: 4 + 1 income = 5 total income = 13 recovered. (75%)
Turn 4: 5 + 1 income = 6 total income = 19 recovered. (100%)
Turn 5: 5 + 1 income = 6 total income = 25 recovered.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turn 11: 5 + 1 income = 6 total income = 61 recovered.

For recover an approx of your inversion, you will require 11 turns holding the city.

After theses 5 experiments we can see a clearly difference between countries, in the time you will need with them for recover your initial investment. The cheaper strategies also seems to recover the investment in less time. All theses situation lead to a complex analysis between when a country wort taking it or not. The situation can be compared to a debt: If you need the money now, then you might want to avoid cities that reward in larger amount of time. However, if you want to build up an economy for the future, then you might as well get all the countries possible.

The reward rate between countries is also present when you want to skip a country.

Side Note: As for the reinforcements recovery rate, the powerful and expensive strategies need less troops than the cheaper strategies, which lead to more reinforcements with less units lost. All the reinforcement lost by taking a city can be recovered in 1 or 2 weeks of reinforcements.

As for the statistics, I exclude the troops that are likely to survive and the casualties. Where taking the city, and next turn the whole country bonus can affect charge the stats or not, I also exclude it.
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word