Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Bisexual, 29.11.2017 - 16:00

Want to learn the game? Need some experience? Tired of getting conquered?

If that describes YOU, then you're at the right place!

At the AtWar Find-a-Mentor, we will try to help you as much as we can. We will try our best to help you find a mentor who will teach you the basics of the game, give some tips and tricks and answer any questions that pop in your mind.
You will be included in the community from the start, and have an advantage over the other, non-mentored newbies!

Benefits for players that have mentors that will help them for the first time::

- Experience
- Protection
- Answers to Questions
- Someone to guide you through the game, making friends, and learning the game
- Possibly a place in an clan
- More knowledge
- A good start at the game!

Here's How It Works!
PM me Here, if you are interested to be teacher, or if you want to find a mentor. I will make list of mentors in this topic and list of applicants. We will. then, do special type of merging and make mentor-newb pairs.

here is the application form for newbs:
Quote:

Name(Username):
Language preferred:
Timezone:
Experience (Optional):
Extra Info (Optional):

Here is the application form for mentors:
Quote:

Name(Username):
Language preferred:
Timezone:
Experience:
Why do you want to be mentor in this project?
Extra Info (Optional):

Testimonies
"Thanks for the adopt a noob program, I'm enjoying this game WAY more than I would be if you had not started helping me out."
-Prometheus
"The adopt-a-newb program is what every complex game should have to help newer players! I'm learning a lot with it and being able to improve my game to another level easier and faster."
-Brmaniac

Please PM Pavle if you are interested in being a teacher in this program.
-Thank You!

Mentors
Lemonade
Can understand English and German, and enjoys Europe+ 3v3 and world games. He is interested in teaching only active players that are at least rank 4. (UTC+01:00)
Trystane
Can understand English, and enjoys competetive, custom maps and map-making.. (UTC+12:00)
Ted.
Can understand English, interested in teaching active players in 3v3/2v2 games, can teach above rank 4. (UTC+01:00)
Wheelo
Speaks English and basic German, can teach Competitive gameplay whether that is Duels, 3v3s/2v2s etc, specifically CWs. all game mechanics/prioritization, picking guide and strategies. Trainee must be at least rank 4. He says that teaching helps him learn. (GMT)
Sid
Speaks English, would teach anyone above rank 5, 1v1's, 3v3's, world games, game mechanics. (UTC-08:00)
King Alois
Speaks English, would teach new players in all areas as much as possible (UTC-06:00)
Sid
Speaks English, would teach anyone above rank 5, 1v1's, 3v3's, world games, game mechanics. (UTC-08:00)
puf
Speaks English/Chinese/Japanese, would teach new players in 1v1, 3v3 and game mechanics.(UTC-06:00)
Sascha
Speaks English (preferred German), would teach new players in world map 3k - 50k, 3v3 , ancient and more. (UTC +01:00)

Applicants
Name: Daclonus
Language preferred: English
Timezone: UTC-05:00
Name: Guilherme
Language preferred: Portuguese
Timezone: UTC-03:00
Name: Hadzy
Timezone: UTC+01:00
Name: rothbardian
Time zone: GMT
Experience (Optional): Played few games only,so it's close to non-existant.
Name: hacker47
Languages = English, hindi, Gujarati
Time zone : India +5:30
Name: Darksiider
Timezone: GMT+8 (Western Australia)
Experience (Optional): Played a few games, here and there over the last few years (back when it was Aftermath), currently a rank 5 right now.
Extra Info (Optional): I prefer to try and use MoS, or RA, and mostly on 50k maps, could use help with refining my turns and strategies regarding these techniques
Name: Axtren
Timezone: UTC -05:00
US-EU-Army-USEUA
English or Latin
GMT 08
Ultra Super Duper Noob and Weak
ame:Ali Muzaffarsen
Language preferred:English or Russian
Timezone:+4:00
Name: toiletflusher66
Language preferred: english, Deutsch
Timezone: UTC -5
Experience (Optional): very few games, pro at risk but AtWar is different lol
Extra Info (Optional): very fast learner, strategic expert
Name: Amarynth
Timezone: UTC - 7
Experience (Optional): Just the rounds ive played so far. I feel I am reasonably competent, but i have a long way to go
Extra Info (Optional): I am a fan of the GoT and LotR maps, as well as almost all others, and RP-style games. I also wouldnt mind getting into casual games, but not until ive attained a place within a Clan
Name: MaelHameyJakubowicz
Language preferred: French (English possible)
Timezone: UTC +1
Experience (Optional): Rank 6, Europe, Eurasia, World, Duels, Begginer at WW1 and others specials maps
Extra Info (Optional): various schedule (from 9am to 3am)

This is a continuation of the previous Adopt-A-Newb Center and Find-A-Mentor Center (FMC)

Credits to Flaming Spaz and Google Chrome for last versions of this project.
18.01.2018 - 22:59
I already know the basics, I need experience
11.02.2018 - 07:33
Half of the new players just leave, I suggest only offering training to players who have played the game for a few months consistently.
18.02.2018 - 06:50
Written by Wheelo, 11.02.2018 at 07:33

Half of the new players just leave, I suggest only offering training to players who have played the game for a few months consistently.

I will redesign this programmer, once I get some time, currently I am assigning newbs to mentors using PM, I know about that problem, most of newbs don't come to the game even if I answer them 1/2 hours after they PM me...
----

19.02.2018 - 11:07
Can I apply and define custom map players and future distinct rp'ers?
----
25.02.2018 - 04:05
 4nic
Mentor centre is basically spoon feeding lowranks that would eventually quit playing after a few weeks...

None of the current active lowranks have been in this program cause theyd just rather learn by themselfs.
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

25.02.2018 - 04:22
Written by 4nic, 25.02.2018 at 04:05

Mentor centre is basically spoon feeding lowranks that would eventually quit playing after a few weeks...

None of the current active lowranks have been in this program cause theyd just rather learn by themselfs.

agreed
----
27.02.2018 - 10:26

None of the current active lowranks have been in this program cause theyd just rather learn by themselfs

You can hate uši g Your bad English skills, or rather read what I wrote above.
Written by Bisexual, 18.02.2018 at 06:50

I will redesign this programme once I get some time, currently I am assigning newbs to mentors using PM, I know about that problem, most of newbs don't come to the game even if I answer them 1/2 hours after they PM me...

If you aren't able to understand, what I am saying is that good part of them just don't come online. They just PM me and go off forever. Second part of your hate post is that low ranks that are active don't want our help, which is not true. There are no active low ranks, most of new players leave the game before reaching r7, that's why we all see the same nicknaames everyday.
----

27.02.2018 - 12:37
 4nic
Written by Bisexual, 27.02.2018 at 10:26

None of the current active lowranks have been in this program cause theyd just rather learn by themselfs

I will redesign this programme once I get some time, currently I am assigning newbs to mentors using PM, I know about that problem, most of newbs don't come to the game even if I answer them 1/2 hours after they PM me...

If you aren't able to understand, what I am saying is that good part of them just don't come online. They just PM me and go off forever. Second part of your hate post is that low ranks that are active don't want our help, which is not true. There are no active low ranks, most of new players leave the game before reaching r7, that's why we all see the same nicknaames everyday.

using *
nicknames*
program*
You kind of shot yourself in the foot with the first paragraph of your comeback Pavle.
And secondly i can quite literally name over 20 new competitive players that are mostly r7 to r9, that have joined in 2017.
----
~Napoleon

27.02.2018 - 12:38
 4nic
And no pavle i im not giving you any hate its just that i like to write some constructive criticism.
----
~Napoleon

27.02.2018 - 14:40
Written by 4nic, 27.02.2018 at 12:37

Written by Bisexual, 27.02.2018 at 10:26

using *
nicknames*
program*
You kind of shot yourself in the foot with the first paragraph of your comeback Pavle.
And secondly i can quite literally name over 20 new competitive players that are mostly r7 to r9, that have joined in 2017.

Name them, 20.
----

27.02.2018 - 15:53
Why do ya'll complain.. jeez. This is something to help out the players.. if you don't like it and see differences, make your own!
If you don't do anything within the program or complain just to complain, you don't get a say... you aren't helping.
----
27.02.2018 - 16:08

Disagreeee

Teach me pls, I've been asking for a mentor since I was r6 and nobody helped me

I want Hertzl as mentor ty.
28.02.2018 - 09:30
Written by Alois, 27.02.2018 at 15:53

Why do ya'll complain.. jeez. This is something to help out the players.. if you don't like it and see differences, make your own!
If you don't do anything within the program or complain just to complain, you don't get a say... you aren't helping.

Some people are just born to be complainers... You are completely right.
----

12.03.2018 - 06:54

The mentor center is not an attempt to teach - rather it is an attempt to get teachers.

All of the currently active low ranks were mentored by someone.

Written by Bisexual, 27.02.2018 at 14:40

Name them, 20.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here think I count?
I joined my first competitive clan on 05.12.2016, at rank 6.
My first cw was on the 4th of february 2017.

The first time i actually felt "equal" to the higher ranks was slightly before 08.06.2017 when i faced and matched don for 20 turns until i got arrogant and he recovered (!!!) and beat me.
----

19.03.2018 - 22:52
Written by Dr. Trsid, 27.02.2018 at 16:08

Disagreeee

Teach me pls, I've been asking for a mentor since I was r6 and nobody helped me

I want Hertzl as mentor ty.
19.03.2018 - 22:55
I feel your pain. u get someone that gives u a quick tip then they are gone. u get left to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. u kill stuff and get sp but u dont get any better. or learn the good stuff, like how to play better.
23.03.2018 - 22:40
PPL can always pm me if they have any questions or need tips etc , i mostly play scenario maps
09.04.2018 - 16:10
Written by LukeTan, 12.03.2018 at 06:54

I joined my first competitive clan on 05.12.2016, at rank 6.
My first cw was on the 4th of february 2017.

The first time i actually felt "equal" to the higher ranks was slightly before 08.06.2017 when i faced and matched don for 20 turns until i got arrogant and he recovered (!!!) and beat me.

You don't
----

09.05.2018 - 02:13
 Puf
Are there any new students for me to torture. the last student you gave me didn't even say hi after i sent him an elaborate letter asking how old he was and his exact address
23.05.2018 - 16:52
Name(Username): Flameheart
Timezone:Pacific
Experience (Optional): A little bit but struggling on how to fight and defend myself and split my army evenly
Extra Info (Optional): I need help
07.06.2018 - 18:48
I send my info in a month ago and got no reply.
----
30.07.2018 - 16:34
Hi,
I'm elephant747, Leader and President of NoRankism and I'm looking for mentors to train my clan members and myself as well, we aspire to keep our success without implicating Rankism. Whomever wishes to be a mentor to my members may feel free to join our clan or simply train from outside we would be available anytime and we have members in all twenty-four time zones so anyone may mentor our clan...

Heil the Clan of No Rankisim and Romulus Augustus
----
La Fuhrer
Founder of The Imperial Union

President of No Rankism

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
- Winston Churchill

31.07.2018 - 01:26
Written by The Elephant, 30.07.2018 at 16:34

Hi,
I'm elephant747, Leader and President of NoRankism and I'm looking for mentors to train my clan members and myself as well, we aspire to keep our success without implicating Rankism. Whomever wishes to be a mentor to my members may feel free to join our clan or simply train from outside we would be available anytime and we have members in all twenty-four time zones so anyone may mentor our clan...

Heil the Clan of No Rankisim and Romulus Augustus

Hello! I can help out. Send me a pm!
----
31.07.2018 - 01:27
Written by Tokugawa, 07.06.2018 at 18:48

Sorry, youre a noob? Didn't know (No offense)
----
01.08.2018 - 11:07
Written by Alois, 31.07.2018 at 01:27

Is that the reason for this thread, to help noob p eoples learn by tutor. BTW, I've defeated you before.
----
01.08.2018 - 16:39
Written by Tokugawa, 01.08.2018 at 11:07

Written by Alois, 31.07.2018 at 01:27

Is that the reason for this thread, to help noob p eoples learn by tutor. BTW, I've defeated you before.

Yes, that's why I questioned you lol. Also I've defeated you too so? xD
----
02.08.2018 - 19:54
Username:warkamikaz
langauge preferred: English
Timezone:Middle East
experience: A noob who plays the game for a while then go offline for a long time because of feeling bored
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word