Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Amok, 01.04.2018 - 06:11
Inspired by the moderators AUA post

It's been a while since we've done something like this. So feel free to speak your mind, this is your chance to ask us about all sorts of stuff!
Off-topic, spam and plain silly comments will be removed and offenders prosecuted (just kidding).
01.04.2018 - 08:22
How old are you guys? Do you think atWar will grow now as map editor is out?
----
01.04.2018 - 09:02
Written by Ivan, 01.04.2018 at 07:27

Written by Doctor Doom, 01.04.2018 at 07:20

When will we get new strategies?

It's not easy to come up with new strategies that are unique enough to justify adding them. The current bunch covers pretty much all of the available mechanics. There are two experimental ones in the works, but so far they failed the mod review and need to be retooled or scrapped.

Why not allow players to make new strategies with map editor? Then make a selection tab for strategies to allow which strategies world be allowed in a game before starting. This would allow players to get creative with different strategies and test them. If you don't like a strategy or think it's to OP in a map....deselect it before starting the game and turn it off!
----
You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it.
01.04.2018 - 09:24
I got a bug with global anyway way to fix it?
----
01.04.2018 - 09:26
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by Franz, 01.04.2018 at 08:22

I'm 37. We do hope that atWar still has room to grow
01.04.2018 - 09:29
It'd be good just to add a toggle button to most things in the map maker, way more customization to the units so makers can make different and unique maps and units.

What other ideas/plans do you have for customisation in the map editor, if any?
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
01.04.2018 - 09:31

20 here, atWar will definitively grow
01.04.2018 - 09:43
 Amok (Admin)

31. I believe there is always a room for growth.
01.04.2018 - 10:02
What is your favorite snacks? Do you guys want some norwegian snacks id love to send you some kvikk-lunsj.
----
01.04.2018 - 10:11
 Amok (Admin)
Written by Franz, 01.04.2018 at 10:02

What is your favorite snacks? Do you guys want some norwegian snacks id love to send you some.

I've once developed an addiction to nacho cheese Doritos... It was a tough one to break, I had to stop eating crisps altogether.
Are there Norwegian snacks? I had no idea.
01.04.2018 - 10:12
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by Franz, 01.04.2018 at 10:02

What is your favorite snacks? Do you guys want some norwegian snacks id love to send you some kvikk-lunsj.

Thanks, pretty sure I tried those
I don't eat much snacks, but tortilla chips with mashed avocado is damn good stuff.
01.04.2018 - 10:22
Have you ever been to Greece? If yes, what city/place and why if allowed.
----
01.04.2018 - 10:26
Can us high ranks have new things to spend SP on? Perhaps exchange for PC for things like map promotion - https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=36988

Do you know the whereabouts of VRIL?

Do you think Waffel cares?

What is your opinion on the Church of Zizou?
01.04.2018 - 10:35
I believe this has been asked before:
What are the main coding languages used to build atWar apart from HTML5/CSS,
How long did it take you to learn these languages?
01.04.2018 - 11:49
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by Cold Case, 01.04.2018 at 10:22

I've been to Xanthi, Thessaloniki, Mt Olympus (didn't climb though), Athens, Santorini. All were pretty nice except Athens, which I didn't like so much. The north was during my backpacking trip through eastern Europe, the south was for brother-in-law's wedding (on Santorini).
01.04.2018 - 11:55
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by b0nker2, 01.04.2018 at 10:26

Can us high ranks have new things to spend SP on? Perhaps exchange for PC for things like map promotion - https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=36988

Will try to come with something, sorry about that.

Quote:

Do you know the whereabouts of VRIL?

Nope.

Quote:

Do you think Waffel cares?

Yes, otherwise he probably wouldn't post quite so much

Quote:

What is your opinion on the Church of Zizou?

I don't have one.
01.04.2018 - 12:01
Written by Ivan, 01.04.2018 at 11:49

Written by Cold Case, 01.04.2018 at 10:22

I've been to Xanthi, Thessaloniki, Mt Olympus (didn't climb though), Athens, Santorini. All were pretty nice except Athens, which I didn't like so much. The north was during my backpacking trip through eastern Europe, the south was for brother-in-law's wedding (on Santorini).

You have visited more cities in Greece than I have haha. What made your stay in Athens not that pleasant? Was it the people? The prices or something like dirty areas and not clean squares?
----
01.04.2018 - 12:02
Written by Wheelo, 01.04.2018 at 10:35

I believe this has been asked before:
What are the main coding languages used to build atWar apart from HTML5/CSS,
How long did it take you to learn these languages?

Javascript, PHP & C#.

PHP took me around a month before I felt comfortable writting it (it was my 4th programming language!) On the other hand, I learned all the Javascript that I need in a single day. It was like my 7th programming language, and it gets very easy to jump from a language to another. I'd say the hardest part is really the logical thinking, which took me several university trimesters before I felt comfortable writting Java code (the first language I ever did "applications" with).

EDIT: must say that you never "truly" learn a language though. PHP have over 5,000 functions, of which I only know 25 of them, really. Javascript got way fewer functions. Most of the times you will use a framework or a library where everything is abstracted away from you - so that you can focus in what matters: writting code to solve problems!
01.04.2018 - 12:07
 Ivan (Admin)
Written by Cold Case, 01.04.2018 at 12:01

What made your stay in Athens not that pleasant? Was it the people? The prices or something like dirty areas and not clean squares?

The centre was very seedy, dirty and rundown. Saw people doing drugs on the street. Got scammed for 10 EUR. The area immediately around the Acropolis was alright though.
01.04.2018 - 12:09
Written by Ivan, 01.04.2018 at 12:07

Written by Cold Case, 01.04.2018 at 12:01

What made your stay in Athens not that pleasant? Was it the people? The prices or something like dirty areas and not clean squares?

The centre was pretty seedy, dirty and rundown. Saw people doing drugs on the street. Got scammed for 10 EUR. The area immediately around the Acropolis was alright though.

Yeah I know it myself. I live in Athens and I get all those stuff and more which you didn't have the privilege to see in the face every day. We are killing our own tourism.
----
01.04.2018 - 12:10
Kogi
Account deleted
Can u give supporters powers to mute ppl in help chat, so we can stop players who abuse help chat every day when mods are offline....
01.04.2018 - 12:28
Why didn't Amok sign my forehead? : (

so given that the html map editor is finally out, do you have any further projects for game development or are you going to focus on perfecting all of the current aspects?

if Ivan and Amok 2v1d Clovis, who would win (admin hax allowed)?
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

01.04.2018 - 12:39
Written by Guest, 01.04.2018 at 12:10

Can u give supporters powers to mute ppl in help chat, so we can stop players who abuse help chat every day when mods are offline....

We've recently implemented a harsher filter for guest accounts, we'll see how it goes.
01.04.2018 - 12:48
Written by The Tactician, 01.04.2018 at 12:28

if Ivan and Amok 2v1d Clovis, who would win (admin hax allowed)?

well with admin hax allowed, being 2vs1, even if I had windows with a new shinny mouse and the player tab already open (for kicking), in the rare case that I was faster with the mouse (because a lot of shooting games + AW games practice), I'd imagine I end up kicking both accounts while Ivan overwrites the game data to mark it as a victory for them.
01.04.2018 - 12:53
Did you make a list about all bugs since you started to make atwar? How many are on it?
01.04.2018 - 13:44
When I save my map it clones and I can´t open it
----
Greetings to all.

Huachachi
01.04.2018 - 14:17
Hmm too avoid giving free money away tapping on what bonkers2 said earlier can the excess sp but used for x2 or extra sp at end of game
01.04.2018 - 15:31
Does the extra year of software engineering does pay off eventually? and how is the daily routine of programmers? how much of free time do you have? I like programming but I'm scared going for it because I might not like being a programmer
----

01.04.2018 - 16:24
I know this isn't really the place but it's a serious question for me. Previously we could tell when we where zooming past in game zoom, because the map editor would notify us, that seems to be missing in the new editor aswell we can't zoom as far as we used to be able to in the editor, both of these things are very important when making maps, and I was wondering if your aware of this, and if it will be fixed soon.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
01.04.2018 - 16:32
Written by Ivan, 01.04.2018 at 06:59

Written by Guest, 01.04.2018 at 06:35

Written by Ivan, 01.04.2018 at 06:33

Any chance on there being more customization options for profiles such as things like skins or colour changes, perhaps even adding in ingame player cards?

We don't want to end up like MySpace, do we?

I don't actually know about MySpace, was it similar to bebo?
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
01.04.2018 - 16:33
Written by Nations, 01.04.2018 at 07:05

Written by Guest, 01.04.2018 at 06:35

Written by Ivan, 01.04.2018 at 06:33

Any chance on there being more customization options for profiles such as things like skins or colour changes, perhaps even adding in ingame player cards?

I dont intend to sound mean,but what the fuck are you asking bro,firstly this is a bad suggestion and useless and secondly game has bugs lets fix bugs first eh how bout dat

Calm down, I wasn't putting priorities ahead of each other, I was just asking if there would ever be more options for customizations. It could be something we could spend our excess sp on. Idk why that fucking triggered you so much.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word