Get Premium to hide all ads
10.12.2019 - 10:23
 Pud
Original - The rank icon in the pop-up covers the city/troop that you are hovering over:

New - The rank icon in the pop-up is at the side of the city/troop hovering over:

I know they look like minor changes (and there are), but in my games I find that with the new system, it is more difficult to hover over the city/troop and get onto the pop-up without the pop-up closing.

Could we revert the changes or make the hovering duration longer and less volatile?
----
15.03.2020 - 19:22
Bump. Anything that can be done about this? Or is there some trick to keeping the popup open? Its annoying.
----
16.03.2020 - 11:22
 4nic
Written by Permamuted, 15.03.2020 at 19:22

Bump. Anything that can be done about this? Or is there some trick to keeping the popup open? Its annoying.

Muscle memory, was annoying at first. It gets easy after a while
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

16.03.2020 - 11:41
Written by 4nic, 16.03.2020 at 11:22

you just have to open the unit menu and pull them out manually is it?
----
16.03.2020 - 11:46
 4nic
Written by Permamuted, 16.03.2020 at 11:41

Written by 4nic, 16.03.2020 at 11:22

you just have to open the unit menu and pull them out manually is it?

No, you can still quick pull them, it just takes a little practice
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

16.03.2020 - 15:52
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
The problem is when the popup covers a city or a unit. The popup will disappear as soon as you hover your cursor over the unit or city, which you need to do in order to select things in the pop up.
16.03.2020 - 18:16
Big bump
----
16.03.2020 - 18:21
 Dave (Admin)
There was another thread about this a while ago, but I'll say again.... I moved the box over deliberately. It has nothing to do with the new ranks. I got tired of the box always popping up and getting in my way... as you know it used to open up right on top of things and then you couldn't click whatever was underneath it, and it was a big pain in the ass. I'm not moving it back.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

18.03.2020 - 13:16
Written by Dave, 16.03.2020 at 18:21

There was another thread about this a while ago, but I'll say again.... I moved the box over deliberately. It has nothing to do with the new ranks. I got tired of the box always popping up and getting in my way... as you know it used to open up right on top of things and then you couldn't click whatever was underneath it, and it was a big pain in the ass. I'm not moving it back.

Dave, if you do not want to move it back, could you please increase the duration the popup stays open after moving the mouse away for 0.5 or 1 second. At the moment this can break duels, where in turn 1 it's super important to be fast, but sometimes it takes up to 4-5 attempts to get from the city inside the popup. Please, this can break games.
18.03.2020 - 16:09
Support cow. It takes ninja reflexes to use the thing atm. It can be tricky sometimes and can cost a lot of time in games with lots of micro.
----
18.03.2020 - 17:38
You do kind of get use to it but if you could increase the duration of the popup like cow says then I can only see that as being an improvement. But if that's not possible then trust me it does get very easy to use after a bit of playing around.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
20.03.2020 - 18:01

Dave in all honesty,

The way its currently working, its actually doing way more time consuming damage than it did before. We've all been through times when those menus keep popping up when we dont want to, but that really didnt occur as many times as we're struggling with the current menu-system we have right now. Like people explained above, its really a gamechanger D:
----

Written by Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
20.03.2020 - 18:34
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Waffel, 20.03.2020 at 18:01

Dave in all honesty,

The way its currently working, its actually doing way more time consuming damage than it did before. We've all been through times when those menus keep popping up when we dont want to, but that really didnt occur as many times as we're struggling with the current menu-system we have right now. Like people explained above, its really a gamechanger D:

Sorry but I disagree, it's made the game way better for me. I don't know why Amok/Ivan squeezed an offload button in there, it should really just be an informational popup only. Just use the move units box which already does the same thing!
----
--Sun Tzu

20.03.2020 - 19:04
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by Dave, 20.03.2020 at 18:34

Written by Waffel, 20.03.2020 at 18:01

Dave in all honesty,

Sorry but I disagree, it's made the game way better for me. I don't know why Amok/Ivan squeezed an offload button in there, it should really just be an informational popup only. Just use the move units box which already does the same thing!

Using the box allows you to move units off of naval transports without having them be docked.

Another thing it lets you do is remove a transport from a sea stack This required when you need to chain long distance with many transports.

Both of these features are only do-able because we can select units from the pop up box and they are used in almost every game.

20.03.2020 - 19:24
Message deleted by Dave. Reason: unleashed
20.03.2020 - 19:28
 Dave (Admin)
Written by Witch-Doctor, 20.03.2020 at 19:04

Using the box allows you to move units off of naval transports without having them be docked.

I know, and this seems like a bug to me. This should not be possible, and someday I'll fix the code permanently so you can't.
----
--Sun Tzu

20.03.2020 - 19:34
 Dave (Admin)
Okay guys, here's the deal.

I've increased the delay time before the box disappears. It should be a bit easier now to get in there and use it for you competitive guys. (Clear your cache and give it a try....)

Don't count on being able to offload ships from out at sea, that's ridiculous and someday I'll fix it. But it will probably be a while because I've got too much other shit to fix, so enjoy it while you can.
----
--Sun Tzu

20.03.2020 - 19:37
Written by Dave, 20.03.2020 at 19:34

Okay guys, here's the deal.

I've increased the delay time before the box disappears. It should be a bit easier now to get in there and use it for you competitive guys. (Clear your cache and give it a try....)

Don't count on being able to offload ships from out at sea, that's ridiculous and someday I'll fix it. But it will probably be a while because I've got too much other shit to fix, so enjoy it while you can.

Thanks, anything that reduces tedious micro is a good thing.

In regards the sea offloads... well yes its ridiculous but theoretically you should be able to move a stack of units from 1 boat to another at sea. In the absense of that feature, this is our only alternative for the time being.
----
20.03.2020 - 21:47
Well, chaining ships is not really unrealistic... the ship just ran out of fuel, or it may have been broken and substituted with a new one. What there's unrealistic about troups moving from a ship to another?
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word