Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by 31TENGRI69, 31.03.2020 - 09:28
You literally even started playing PD ukr . Moving your gen stack to a city and praying to get attacked to win a game must be the glorious gameplay way of those lb,ds haters. Do you even feel happy after u won a duel with PD ?? Last time i played PD was when i was rank 7 and trying to learn the competitive in normal 3v3 games
All of you have PD as your 1st or 2nd favourite strategy and you literally abuse it for years and never accept its overpowered.Moving your gen stack like a noob for years makes you think you are a good player and u can criticize lb,ds
When are you going to accept the fact that infantry and pd are too fucking overpowered compared to attack units and destroying the gameplay???

I lost 9 helis to kill his 10 PD infantry
9 helis = 1.170 cost
10 pd infantry = 500 cost

And u were crying about ds being op...How is that balanced?????? And with RA tanks its even worse rolls.

What is the point of adding +1 def for pd inf against tanks when defending?
--------------------------------

"Relentless Attack"

"Powerful Main Attack Units"

> Not even a single +1 ATTACK for ANY unit ((

Only +2 crit for tanks XAXAXAXAXAXAXA +2

01.04.2020 - 08:55
Written by Alphamon, 01.04.2020 at 07:53

I used to use RA at my start, then i turned PD but i feel MOS is the best Really glad to see you aswell

Cheers
----

01.04.2020 - 08:57
Written by Alphamon, 01.04.2020 at 07:53

I used to use RA at my start, then i turned PD but i feel MOS is the best Really glad to see you aswell

By the way if you like MOS you should contact Don he will jauntily show you expansions and play with you
----

01.04.2020 - 09:08
Written by Witch-Doctor, 31.03.2020 at 15:41

Tengri if you're talking cost efficiency, then imp is even more cost efficient at destroying helicopters. And before you check my strat, yes I play pd.

I'm completely disappointed by this comment. I expected something in the lines of 'send 1 more unit'.

But yeah agree with Lao, Eu is PD niche.
01.04.2020 - 10:27
Written by SuperiorCacaocow, 31.03.2020 at 16:53

Please stop using 'meta' in literally every post it's starting to become cringy.

Also to come back to something you told me once, I agree that overall there are more good players now. But it is dishonest to say that 'the meta has shifted', it has not.
EU West 10k is mostly PD, this was always so apart from 2011 when IF was op, 2012/13 when GC/DS italy was viable, and maybe some time where LB was good which I missed due to inactivity.
In East 10k it's still mostly DS, GC, and more seldomly GW, PD, SM ukr, but barely, vs IMP or sometimes Blitz, GW turkey.
None of this is new. There are also no new expansions; merely minor variations of what has been known for years.

I agree with the 'go play other settings' though.
To make competitive games more varied, we would have to switch maps. But tbh I don't see that happening with every established competitive player being afraid of losing Elo.
Maybe PD should actually be nerfed, if only for a time. Maybe there should be changes to strats after every duel season, rotating what is good. This is how games become interesting, whereas competitive atWar is super stagnant.

Another idea: Two sets of settings for duels, one with the offensive strats, and one with the defensive strats being boosted. This way we would have more variation.

eh? What's cringy about the word meta? What word would you have me use instead?

There have been some new expansions from ppl like witch, froyer and bugsbunny. But I wasnt talking about that anyway. I was referring to gameplay. The top players of today play very differently than the top players of 2010-2014. The level of the players seems to have peaked since 2016. That's just my observation anyway.
----
01.04.2020 - 12:47
I've talked with several Eu-only-players. They are all afraid of leaving Eu mainly due to lack of experience and a "feeling" that Eu is the most balanced map out there... My god, that sucks dick...

One of their main points in their argument is that Eu allows for varying strategies, unlike other maps. How can anyone believe such thing...? For real, PD is the go to in Eu. Even in ancient, PD can beat IF. PD is strong in too many different situations and circunstances. Yet RA had to be nerfed due to its offensive strength but PD can stay as it is. Certainly, no logic is being applied into balancing strategies, just PD-infected people with fear of new "metas", as Lao calls them.

As soon as any strategy proved to be stronger than PD in certain situations, the nerf hammer was used pretty fast. So why can't we either nerf PD or buff others? Pls, someone let me do the balancing.
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

01.04.2020 - 13:58
Lmao your using DS and actualy have the balls to hate on players for PD , da fuck xD
01.04.2020 - 14:44
Written by RaulPB, 01.04.2020 at 12:47

I've talked with several Eu-only-players. They are all afraid of leaving Eu mainly due to lack of experience and a "feeling" that Eu is the most balanced map out there... My god, that sucks dick...

One of their main points in their argument is that Eu allows for varying strategies, unlike other maps. How can anyone believe such thing...? For real, PD is the go to in Eu. Even in ancient, PD can beat IF. PD is strong in too many different situations and circunstances. Yet RA had to be nerfed due to its offensive strength but PD can stay as it is. Certainly, no logic is being applied into balancing strategies, just PD-infected people with fear of new "metas", as Lao calls them.

As soon as any strategy proved to be stronger than PD in certain situations, the nerf hammer was used pretty fast. So why can't we either nerf PD or buff others? Pls, someone let me do the balancing.

An ancient world player complaining about 1 strategy being too dominant, ive heard it all now.

There is literally 0 reasons a player who wants to maximise their chances of winning on ancient would ever pick a strategy other than ironfist.

Maybe you should play some east duels. You can competitively employ all the strats bar nc. Pd is 1 of the weaker options. You can try pd turk and ukr if you want. But dont be surprised if your elo takes a hit.
----
01.04.2020 - 15:40
Written by Permamuted, 01.04.2020 at 14:44

An ancient world player complaining about 1 strategy being too dominant, ive heard it all now.

There is literally 0 reasons a player who wants to maximise their chances of winning on ancient would ever pick a strategy other than ironfist.

Maybe you should play some east duels. You can competitively employ all the strats bar nc. Pd is 1 of the weaker options. You can try pd turk and ukr if you want. But dont be surprised if your elo takes a hit.

Okey, I guess you've just found your man here. I've played several more than IF: PD, NC, Imp, Blitz, GW, LB... PD can be just as strong as IF. I've just won today a duel in Ancient (china scenario) using PD vs Kaska IF. IF is just strong, yeah, but not unbeatable. Every Eu player thinking they know it all about ancient when they can't even duel there nor improvise a decent game.

Ukr PD has been played. Turkey PD has been played as well. That's all that matters to me, it's viable. Even in conditions that maybe one thought were contradictory. Doesn't that mean anything?

And as a matter of fact, I've been an Eu player as well. So pls, stop the ad hominem. Don't just try to make my argument sounds less than yours because of what I play the most.
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

01.04.2020 - 16:08
Written by RaulPB, 01.04.2020 at 15:40

Okey, I guess you've just found your man here. I've played several more than IF: PD, NC, Imp, Blitz, GW, LB... PD can be just as strong as IF. I've just won today a duel in Ancient (china scenario) using PD vs Kaska IF. IF is just strong, yeah, but not unbeatable. Every Eu player thinking they know it all about ancient when they can't even duel there nor improvise a decent game.

Ukr PD has been played. Turkey PD has been played as well. That's all that matters to me, it's viable. Even in conditions that maybe one thought were contradictory. Doesn't that mean anything?

And as a matter of fact, I've been an Eu player as well. So pls, stop the ad hominem. Don't just try to make my argument sounds less than yours because of what I play the most.

Reading comprehension folks. They don't teach it anymore. Where did I say say iron fist was unbeatable on ancient.? Read my post " 0 reasons a player who wants to maximise their chances of winning on ancient would ever pick a strategy other than ironfist."

No ad hominem. By your own reasoning the very fact that i can play hw uk and win under the right conditions is all that matters. Everything is fine and balanced.
----
01.04.2020 - 16:27

Even in ancient, PD can beat IF.

Any strat can beat any strat tho, but all other things equal, I'm not sure it is a fair match.
01.04.2020 - 18:17
Written by Permamuted, 01.04.2020 at 16:08

Reading comprehension folks. They don't teach it anymore. Where did I say say iron fist was unbeatable on ancient.? Read my post " 0 reasons a player who wants to maximise their chances of winning on ancient would ever pick a strategy other than ironfist."

No ad hominem. By your own reasoning the very fact that i can play hw uk and win under the right conditions is all that matters. Everything is fine and balanced.

As for your first statement, read my first sencente: "Okey, I guess you've just found your man here." I do also pick other stats besides from IF. Even in a duel. And no, I don't seek to lose on purpose.

Find that condition under which you can win with HW UK and I might believe you. I have proven PD can beat IF in ancient, more than once. Have you ever tried to prove your point?
----
We're all people.

01.04.2020 - 18:18
Written by clovis1122, 01.04.2020 at 16:27

Any strat can beat any strat tho, but all other things equal, I'm not sure it is a fair match.

Well, I have proven myself it is a fair match more than once.

But, by that logic, if any strat can beat any other, why in this world have you people balanced things out? You never stated this when nerfing RA, for instance... Don't you guys see the fallacy you're falling into?
----
We're all people.

01.04.2020 - 18:25
Also, why don't we agree on nerfing IF, since it is so technically superior to any other in ancient? According to Lao, since "no one" is picking anything else in Ancient if they want to be as competitive as possible, that would mean it is objectively overpowered, doesn't it?
----
We're all people.

01.04.2020 - 18:29
Written by RaulPB, 01.04.2020 at 18:18

Well, I have proven myself it is fair more than once.

How do you do it? Money (Carthage, Rome) and powerful special units (Carth, Rome, Greece) are far too close so that IF players can overpower them. There're also some crazy expansions that yields lots of early reinfs that is only possible for IF and maybe LB (never tried). So how do you beat an IF player that can easily rush you? And if your plan is to pick far (like, Syria, maybe) - how do you beat the Mediterranean?

Written by RaulPB, 01.04.2020 at 18:25

Also, why don't we agree on nerfing IF, since it is so technically superior to any other in ancient? According to Lao, since "no one" is picking anything else in Ancient if they want to be as competitive as possible, that would mean it is objectively overpowered, doesn't it?

Written by RaulPB, 01.04.2020 at 18:18

But, by that logic, if any strat can beat any other, why in this world have you people balanced things out? You never stated this when nerfing RA, for instance...

Well, IF may be overpowered in Ancient, but not so elsewhere - same with PD. IMO, when one strategy is so strong that it can compete outside of its niche - that's where a Nerf should take place.
01.04.2020 - 18:42

Even in ancient, PD can beat IF.

remember when you beat my pd ukr with turk like 5year ago? i had all the map but couldnt do a shit to attack you it was just a forever stallment
pd sucks
remember when you sent 12pd inf with gen to shinghai and i sent 10NC destroy +2inf +gen and you won by 3?
pd OP

@raul
nobody gives a fuck that you won PD vs IF kaska in ancient, kaska sucked/got bad rolls/tbed these are the only reasons he could have lost not because IF < PD
many strange shits happen in at war the rolls are totally random and the strategies just change units cost/range/array of possible rolls
you cant come with few screenshots and say that a strategy is overpowered because it got good rolls
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
01.04.2020 - 18:59
Written by RaulPB, 01.04.2020 at 18:17

Find that condition under which you can win with HW UK and I might believe you. I have proven PD can beat IF in ancient, more than once. Have you ever tried to prove your point?

Oh if some r5 picked ironfist volga.

You seem to be lacking a basic understanding of how "optimum" gameplay works. You're also totally missing the point. This is atwar and it has a significant rng element in gameplay. Your skills, strategy, gameplay, mood etc all contribute towards your % chance of winning. Nothing is 100%.

You are going into a high income, high city density map with other special units that have double digit att/def figures. Militia have a base +2 range. You are then picking a strat that boosts only infantry and militia over a strat that gives a blanket +2 hp boost to all units.

I dont care if you 1v2 slowrolled witch doctor and chess with blitz and they ironfist. If you pick anything other than ironfist on that map you are handicapping yourself. It is not optimum. It reduces your % chance of winning. It's simple math.
----
01.04.2020 - 19:03

Written by clovis1122, 01.04.2020 at 18:29

Well, IF may be overpowered in Ancient, but not so elsewhere - same with PD. IMO, when one strategy is so strong that it can compete outside of its niche - that's where a Nerf should take place.

You are freaking me out. You're actually speaking sense.
----
01.04.2020 - 19:07
Guys give this fucking Laochra guy the fucking keys of atwar. I dig his speech and his philosophy. Talk to me more.
01.04.2020 - 19:45

As soon as any strategy proved to be stronger than PD in certain situations, the nerf hammer was used pretty fast.

Yes, this is the fundamental principle of 'balancing' history in atWar. If any country-strat combination turns out to beat PD in Eu, nerf it.

Written by Permamuted, 01.04.2020 at 19:03

You are freaking me out. You're actually speaking sense.

Lao and Clovis agreeing, the times they are a-changin.
01.04.2020 - 20:07
For all I care they could delete pd for a few months. Ideally the game would have regular meta rotation like other big games. After every duel season would be awesome. Shakeups to keep us all on our toes. Originally it was quite easy getting Amok/Ivan to implement changes. But certain individuals harassed them and caused so much fuss to the point that they wanted nothing to do with it. Sadly i expect they'll do the same to Dave.

I think it's sad for example buildings have been relegated to the dumpster. People barely gave them a chance. They shouldve been enabled in every game for the first few months to give them a proper testing before adding the option to disable them. Then we could've decided whether they were a positive addition. Instead it seems like nobody has given them a chance. Sometimes people just don't know whats good for them(myself included).
----
01.04.2020 - 20:21
Written by Permamuted, 01.04.2020 at 20:07

For all I care they could delete pd for a few months. Ideally the game would have regular meta rotation like other big games. After every duel season would be awesome. Shakeups to keep us all on our toes. Originally it was quite easy getting Amok/Ivan to implement changes. But certain individuals harassed them and caused so much fuss to the point that they wanted nothing to do with it. Sadly i expect they'll do the same to Dave.

I think it's sad for example buildings have been relegated to the dumpster. People barely gave them a chance. They shouldve been enabled in every game for the first few months to give them a proper testing before adding the option to disable them. Then we could've decided whether they were a positive addition. Instead it seems like nobody has given them a chance. Sometimes people just don't know whats good for them(myself included).

All truth.
01.04.2020 - 20:42
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
Written by clovis1122, 01.04.2020 at 09:08

Tengri if you're talking cost efficiency, then imp is even more cost efficient at destroying helicopters. And before you check my strat, yes I play pd.

I'm completely disappointed by this comment. I expected something in the lines of 'send 1 more unit'.

But tengri won the battle
02.04.2020 - 06:40
Written by Witch-Doctor, 01.04.2020 at 20:42

Written by clovis1122, 01.04.2020 at 09:08

But tengri won the battle

Yeah but had he sent 1 more unit, the stack bonus would make it so that he loses fewer helicopters.
02.04.2020 - 11:41
Quote:

02.04.2020 - 14:35
Written by Permamuted, 01.04.2020 at 18:59

Oh if some r5 picked ironfist volga.

You seem to be lacking a basic understanding of how "optimum" gameplay works. You're also totally missing the point. This is atwar and it has a significant rng element in gameplay. Your skills, strategy, gameplay, mood etc all contribute towards your % chance of winning. Nothing is 100%.

You are going into a high income, high city density map with other special units that have double digit att/def figures. Militia have a base +2 range. You are then picking a strat that boosts only infantry and militia over a strat that gives a blanket +2 hp boost to all units.

I dont care if you 1v2 slowrolled witch doctor and chess with blitz and they ironfist. If you pick anything other than ironfist on that map you are handicapping yourself. It is not optimum. It reduces your % chance of winning. It's simple math.

Come on, I mean in a proper match up of your conditions. If it were a rank 5, you'd have to expect to beat him basically due the skill level difference. Besides, you'd have to expect your opponent to think the same way you do, they'd want to play with what they believe to be optimum.

And PD gives you more amount of infantry, with more defense and more range... so what? All you need to do is play around its strength... PD infantry would cost 50 meanwhile elite units cost 220.

What kind of maths are you applying into something with so many variables, including luck? You have no way to anticipate everything.
----
We're all people.

02.04.2020 - 14:38
Written by SyrianDevil, 01.04.2020 at 18:42

@raul
nobody gives a fuck that you won PD vs IF kaska in ancient

I was simply trying to follow Lao's argument, don't take it out of context man... I am aware of all the possible variables in a game, exactly why there's no real way to balance strategies.
----
We're all people.

02.04.2020 - 14:48
Written by clovis1122, 01.04.2020 at 18:29

How do you do it? Money (Carthage, Rome) and powerful special units (Carth, Rome, Greece) are far too close so that IF players can overpower them. There're also some crazy expansions that yields lots of early reinfs that is only possible for IF and maybe LB (never tried). So how do you beat an IF player that can easily rush you? And if your plan is to pick far (like, Syria, maybe) - how do you beat the Mediterranean?

LB can be good as well in Ancient, although you need even more money than you usually do, so early game it sucks but late game can be powerful. PD's biggest strength is the early game due to the strong infantry and militia spam, even more so in low starting funds game (even if elites' stats are not affected, their stats are already strong enough if you want to use them ocasionally). Afterwars all you need to do is keep spamming infantries. IF is somewhere in the middle of both of them, strong, not so expensive as LB but less range than both of them. You could say IF is a mid game powerhouse. That's where most ancient games would be decided.

So when did one decide PD's niche should be Eu+? Any time a strategy is discovered to be viable in Eu, it's being nerfed. Why can't they let it be its new niche? People is making PD be favoured. We are the ones creating those niches, and we ain't do it fairly in my opinion. It's like having PD as your favourite kid.
----
We're all people.

02.04.2020 - 14:53
Written by Permamuted, 01.04.2020 at 20:07

I would love to see that and how it could affect other strategies and their balance.

Also, I've been away a lot of time so I got exactly no idea about all these buildings
----
We're all people.

02.04.2020 - 14:58
You underestimate gw in ancient world...
IF > gw > pd
----
Our next Moments are Tomorrows Memories
02.04.2020 - 15:05
Written by SyrianDevil, 02.04.2020 at 14:58

You underestimate gw in ancient world...
IF > gw > pd

GW is one of the strongest late game. However, it struggles sometimes to make it through the early game, specially in 1v1, sadly. I used to love playing GW in ancient world games.
----
We're all people.

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word