Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Funtime, 07.07.2013 - 13:37
F.A.Q - by Funtime

For an updated version of the F.A.Q, please click HERE

or go to this link: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=27944

here is the list of Frequently Asked Questions posed about AW. If you'd like to preview how to do some specific tasks in the game try Pulse's GIF's Guide

Note this is a user edition. There's a FAQ that was made by the developers. If this thread will fail to explain you, try the developers one. It does not contain information which is found here but however it will give you an idea how things work and explain
you the game mechanics in depth.

How to create an alliance with a specific player in game?
To create an alliance with a specific player in-game, click the player's button (two heads located on the navigation bar) and you will see a box appear. That box will show a list of people who are currently playing in the same game. Simply choose the player you would like to create an alliance with, click the players name and a drop down list will appear in that list, you will see a couple of diplomatic functions like Alliance, Peace and War, go ahead and click Alliance, you must wait at least 1 turn for the alliance to be approved by the player you sent a request too.

Please see image below for the relevant icon to create an alliance.

Whats the purpose of ELO?
A rating system which calculates the relative skill level of two player, gained and lost in in-game duel battles.
It is a unique feature in the game, player's do not gain any special privileges or any bonus. Elo is meant to provide an indicator of how good a player is, in 1v1 battles. Usually the scenario for a duel is a 1v1 game, however you can also duel a specific player or player's in a multi-player game. This can be done the same way one would create an alliance, alternatively clicking duel as opposed to alliance.

How to duel a specific player?
In order to duel a player, you can set up a duel game in the 1st option box of game settings when creating a game, this can be done only with a premium subscription however. There are 2 options available, public or or private duels; in a private duel, the password or a url link to the game is required for the opponent to enter the game.
Note: Winning or losing a duel will affect both participant's ELO rating. The winner will gain ELO points and the loser will lose ELO points. A tie results in no ELO deductions for either participants.

Note: Winning or losing a duel will affect both participants elo rating. The winner will gain elo points and the loser will see elo point deduction.

How do you move units?
There are 2 ways to move units:
1. Click the city or units to be moved. Then click move units (if a city is clicked) chose the units to be moved then choose where the units should be moved too.
2. Hover the mouse over a city or unit stack, select the icon image of the units to be moved, then click and drag to the chosen location.

What are the dot, star and tilde behind player's name?
★ = Admin - The game creators and developers (Ivan and Amok)
~ = Moderator - Oversee the community and ensure in game rules are adhered too.
• = Supporter - A player who is trusted by the admins to dedicate some of his time to advertise and help the community.

What criteria is used to order the friends list?
Your Friends list is organized by the player's registration date in the game. This same criteria applies in coalition member lists as well.

The Criteria in the friends list is determined by the players original joining date, the same method is used for the coalition player list also.

How to add a player to your friend list?
1) Point the cursor and hold over a players username then click the green (add friend) button
2) Search for the players username and add to friends through the players user profile. (Profile > Community > Players > Search Players)

Just an example. This is the button you must click which is highlighted in red

What is a general unit?
The general unit is a special unit that is only given to players with a premium subscription. Premium users have upgrades that allows their general to give small boosts to the units that the general is with.

Keep In mind that this particular unit does not promote Pay-to-win In any way. Some scenarios give players a general unit, but without the general upgrades, they do nothing.

Keep In mind that this particular unit does not promote Pay-to-win In any way

Whats a Wall?
Walling is one of the fundamental aspects of AtWar and can be used defensively or offensively. Walling is used to : prevent or delay an attack on a city or a stack of units, block certain strategic positions or routes, and trapping enemy units inside the wall. If an enemy unit is moved near where your unit is making a wall, then the wall will not form and the result of known as a WF (Wall Fuck).

Note: Entering enemy territory turn 1 --thus wall fucking-- is generally unappreciated by the AtWar community.

Example is provided below

This is how you wall Thanks to Hugosch for this image

How to change my username?
Players must be logged out of the game for this to work. A player should go to their profile page and choose the edit profile tab. There the username can be edited.

Note: For non-premium members it will cost 10000 SP points. For premium members there is no SP cost. Also a username can only be changed once every 24 hours.

You may want to preview this screenshot if you like. It will surely help you find what you were looking for

Either click your username or the drop down list button besides it. Clicking either of them will show the same result your looking for in our case the Edit profile button!

How to quit a game
Players should click the open door symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen, where 2 options are provided:
- 1. Abandon - Lose all SP earned in that game without the game appearing on your game log history (This will affect the games abandoned percentage shown on your profile)
- 2 Surrender - Lose half the SP earned in that game with the game appearing in the game log on a players profile

How to create a clan?
Starting a coalition will cost 10000 SP and the premium package is obligatory to do so,

To start a coalition report to this link below
click here.

What are the recruitment settings for coalitions?
Coalitions have 3 recruitment settings.
Free for all - Players can join the coalition without approval.
Applications - A coalition officer or leader must approve a player's application for membership.
Invitation - An invitation must be sent to a player from an officer or leader.
Rank limits also may be set to prohibit specific levels from applying.

What privileges do leaders and officers get?
Officers can invite members, accept or reject applications, kick members, and moderate the Coalition forum.
Leaders have the same permission as Officers in addition to being able to assign or demote Officers and having greater control over the Coalition forum. Leaders are the most important members in any Coalition.
Founder have the additional permission of demoting leaders, a priviledge that leaders do not have.

How to change the diplomatic relationship?
Open the Players menu and click on some player. A panel would expand, with diplomacy options. Changing relationship to Peace (from War) or to Alliance requires the other player's confirmation. Once the next turn starts, he can either confirm or reject the change.

What Is the Star, priv and New For?
NEW If the game is marked as 'NEW', that means it's been created but not started yet. Clicking on it would take you to the game creation screen (without the ability to alter any options). Once the game creator chooses to start the game, you will be taken to it automatically.
STAR If the game is marked with a star, that means you're still an active player in it. Clicking on it will take you back to the game.
PRIV Private games are marked with 'PRIV' - you need to know the password to join them.

Chat Rooms: what are they for?
Game (not available in the lobby) - for communicating within the a specific game
Room - for those hanging out in the lobby
Global - for Game Advertisement only,If abused actions will be taken by Moderators
Private - for sending/receiving private messages (select a player from the appearing box it will only show players who are currently in the Lobby available)
System - for receiving system messages From Admin,It cannot be done by Normal members
Cln - only available if you're in a Coalition, Its for talking to the members of your clan
Radio- For requesting a song to a dj Or just for communicating people who are currently listening
Help- for asking questions to the community or just answering other people's questions

What are the game controls?
Move the map around: drag with the mouse / Ctrl+click / arrow keys can also be used.
Zoom in/out: use your mouse wheel, '+' and '-' buttons or you could just use the buttons under the minimap below .
Hide menus: TAB, It will disable it by Lowering the invisibility

How do i earn Strategy Points?
Strategy points (or SP for short) can be earned during the game - for destroying enemy units, capturing cities and countries and getting medals. Apart from medals, for which you receive your SP immediately, all SP earned during the game are stored in the Scoreboard until your game ends - then you either receive half of your earned points if you lose (or surrender), all of your SP + half of your opponents' SP if you win and nothing at all if you quit.Strategy points are very important and you can buy specific upgrades from them, and other things like Making Coalitions

How to i buy Upgrades?
You Can Purchase Upgrades in The lobby Simply By Clicking The ' + ' Button Located On The right hand corner in the lobby ( Cannot be done if your playing on a game ) Upgrades give you special bonus and are very useful because it also unlocks Strategies for you to use

How to change my strategy?
Two ways are currently introduced by the developers one way is by changing it within the lobby its next to the chat and near the 'create game' button you simply can't miss finding this one! It can be easily spotted by a naked eye.

Other way is by selecting a strategy in game, While in a game you may want to select your strategy by the panel which includes players and their country selection.

Whats this Lobby?
The lobby is the fun little place you end up in after launching the game. In the main window you can see open games - simply click on them to join. Games can be quick (1-12 minute turns) or casual (12-24 hour turns) - switch to whichever type fits you best. There are also 3 rooms in each type: Main / Beginners / Coalition Wars.
On top, in the middle, there is your rank progress bar (hover to see how much you have left until the next rank) as well as your earned/available Strategy Points (SP) - these you can use them to buy upgrades. The buttons on the upper right will take you to the Maps/Scenarios/Presets, Upgrades and Stats/Medals screens.
in the bottom there's chat, Strategy selection and the Create game button.Your selected Strategy will influence the balance of your game - giving you some advantage in a particular area, while taking away something in return. For example, Tank General will make your Tank units stronger, while weakening your Infantry.

What is the difference between casual and quick?
The primary difference between them is that Casual mode is intended for players who prefer to play a game over long periods of time such as days. You can receive turn notifications from your email in Casual mode. Quick games are intended for players who like to play a quick game, with turns usually lasting 1-10 minutes long.

What is the Igcognite mode for?
To hide your account details from others players for a specific amount of time, It depends on how much you bought them.It has no other bonus or anything it can not be abused.

How do i create a map
In The lobby Click "maps" In the upper right corner And 'Click create new map', This Feature again can only be accessed by Premium Account holders, Non-Premium simply cannot do this

How do i contribute on translations?
You can simply contribute by writing the language your fluent in,This will help you earn Protocoins from which you can buy premium or specific Goodies in-game it depends on how much translations you translate
translations

How to Msg someone?
There are two ways one is by Clicking there username And typing your message and other is by using this code ( /pr (username) (Message) And Click enter

Example is provided below

other one is clicking his/her username from the Friends list.If you do not know how do add friends to the friends list please view

Formula used in calculating coalition points ?
Formula for Coalition points (earned in one game):
CC1 / CC2 * 50, where competence of one coalition is divided on competence of another and multiplied by 50. Let's say your Coalition has competence of 1 and another one has 2. By winning, you would get 2 / 1 * 50 = 100 points and your competence would increase by 0.1 (100 / 1000). By losing, you would lose no points, but the competence would decrease by 0.025 (1 / 2 * 50 / 1000)

How many ranks are there in Atwar?
There ranks ranging from one to fifteen, These numbers are there to stay. The maximum number might experience change if a particular player reaches the maximum rank.

How to open stealth detection ?
Click on the 'show visibility range' button under the Mini-map to see your detection range.

What does Premium Membership offer?
Lets you create games up to 20 players,gives you the ability to create private and also team Games never the less it also lets you create maps and scenario's which a separate subscription it also lets u make a clan on atWar and also take a position in that specific clan such as officer and leader and unlocks general etc

Multiple accounts and their adminstration

atWar allows the use and administration of Multiple accounts they're also allowed to join coalitions however using the them for the purpose of farming, is not allowed and might even result in a permanent ban.

How to add Protocoins?
You can add ProtoCoins to your account using xsolla paystation which has multiple payment options

How to Invite a player
You can give them your Reference link, they must click it obviously for you to gain anything from them, To find your Reference link go ahead and back to the main site and click your username and go to your Profile and click Invited, Scroll down and you'll see your Reference link and also the players you invited from the date you registered to present date.

How are Strategy's useful

Strategies give you a small advantage in some area, while reducing some aspects of other areas. for example, tank General makes your tanks faster and more powerful, but it'll makes your Infantry weaker in either attack or Defence,Strategy can be selected in the lobby or during country selection. More Strategies can be acquired through upgrades or either by purchasing premium. Premium strategies are less effective there are very few who likes to use them.

List of present strategies
There are Thirteen strategies in atWar, with their own play-style and certain perks.

Here's a list of them below

What Is an turn block?
TB - Turn-Blocking - The action of prioritizing your moves so that your first move is aimed at stopping an opponent's stack from moving."Primal can you tb Berlin?" Note, the chance of turn-blocking is determined by the difference in the amount of units between you and your opponent. Chance % = your units count / opponent units count. So, for example, 3 vs 10 will have a 30% chance to turn-block, 5 vs 10 - 50%, and so on. Max chance is fixed at 50%.

Transport?
There are two transports in the game: Air Transport and Sea Transport (there are also Submarines, which only carry Marines). To load land units into them, go to the Move troops menu, select units from the 'land' tab - now, if you have any transports in the units stack, you will see additional buttons below - 'load to Air Transport' and 'load to Transport'. Note that loaded units cannot participate in battles when attacked, and will perish if the transport is destroyed.

How can I kick a particular player out of my game ?
If you're present in a game, you must head to the upper right corner with in the game and click the option 'Players. After a panel will pop-up to you you must click the players username you are trying to kick.Under him you'll find a option named as 'kick' simply click that and you will notice him disconnecting from the game automatically after this.

Note: You can not kick a player if the players have selected their countries and the game has already began.However if the player is active for 3-4 turns then you will be able to kick him whether the game has started or not. You can kick him with the same method described above.

Can submarines capture coastal cities?
Currently not, the game does not allow you do so. You cannot capture coastal cities, but however sea transports are able to do so if there no units (Militia, Infantry) in the particular coastal city

Special Thanks to people like Columna Durruti for his early support with this FAQ and along with hdrakon and especially Sun-Tzu for his suggestions

Thank you!

This is still under work and its constantly updated, so i would really like to hear your ideas and suggestions post them here or send it to me by PM.
15.07.2014 - 00:58
I wish we could had more people like funtime here This is the best thread ive seen so far. I say that because he putted so much effort on this and the intetion is to be appreciated. Good job bro
----

31.08.2014 - 11:17
Support!
05.09.2014 - 03:53
Nice and useful! Good job there!
----
"There is a hero in all of us"

20.11.2014 - 07:10
When the game was previously called Afterwind, I bought Anti-Air units. As far as I have seen I do not have them anymore.
Nor was I given a refund for this item or any credit to my account.
Will I ever see or get this unit back?
----
"Without me, you are nothing. Without you, I am nothing."
06.12.2014 - 05:23
26.01.2015 - 11:25
This is very useful and I hope that future updates are given and that this thread is spread to the newer community to learn about the game
29.01.2015 - 21:03
Support!
----
Cuva BOG Srbina svog!
05.02.2015 - 09:15
RaYan S.K
Account deleted
14.05.2015 - 12:42
Funtime for mod :p
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
14.05.2015 - 12:49
 Don
----

Fears are strong
14.05.2015 - 12:56
I wonder how long it would have taken you to make this?

Well awesome job there. It helps a lot, thanks.
----
14.05.2015 - 19:32
Posted by Funtime, 07.07.2013 - 13:37
20.10.2015 - 22:38
This was very helpful; only wish I read it 6 months ago
----
/s/ Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss
25.10.2015 - 12:54
Thank you Francis, anyways the arrival of html means that soon this FAQ will be out dated ill be producing an version for html when im able too
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
30.08.2016 - 07:40
Atwar very good and strategy game
06.12.2021 - 10:05
How do i put a picture in chat
09.12.2021 - 08:24
 Sascha (Mod)
Written by Johndoe117, 06.12.2021 at 10:05

How do i put a picture in chat

you cant post them directly you have to upload them first to some external website for example https://zippyimage.com/ or https://imgur.com/
after uploading them there you take the link and send it into the in-game chat. for you can use the img tags to post them in the forums
----

Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
--Les Brown
14.12.2021 - 05:30
The maximum rank answer is outdated
----
Someone Better Than You
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word